Level 1 Hoop Dance w/ Erin!
Wednesdays, 6:30 – 7:30pm
Jan 15 – March 4
Class Philosophy: To have fun in a healthy, friendly and encouraging environment and to learn about, connect and be a part of the flow arts community.
Other than picking up hooping skills, we will engage in the following areas:
– Hoop Dance
– Hoop as an extension of body and flow
– Movement and Posture
– Core Strength and Cardio Endurance
– Body Awareness
– Choreography and Performance
– Setting goals and intentions – hooping outside of class
– Moving towards the next level of hooping
– Flow Community
Hoops will be available to borrow in class and can be purchased from http://etsy.com/shop/unityhoops so you can practice at home!
This class is full for the first week. If you would like to get on the waiting list for the second week and beyond, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
– Body Hooping, hooping both directions, turning with the hoop, sustained spinning with the hoop.
– Learning to move with hoop, arm and body expression, hoop pick-ups, hoop planes, stopping and starting hoop.
– Moving off the body; round and rounds, figure 8s, helicopters, hand to hand passing, Z spins and wiggity woo.
– Hand hooping, arm hooping, elbow hooping, hand transitions, hooping above the head (cowgirl), lasso, taking the hoop on and off the body, vortex.
– Angle Hooping on the waist, hips and torso, turning on a diagonal plane, plus review of wk 2-4 this week!
– Chest, shoulder, hips and knees.
– Escalators, wedgies and transitions.
– Chest rolls, back rolls and/or Isolations (TBD)
*There are no refunds unless the class is canceled by Unity Hoops.
*Hoops to practice with at home can be purchased at etsy.com/shop/unityhoops. If you would like a hoop, orders can be placed the first night of class.