Showgirl Ingenue: ALL LEVELS Burlesque w/ Di’Lovely
Mondays, 7:30 – 8:30pm
Jan 13 – March 2
Dance with Di’Lovely in a special 8-part series. Review dance technique and foundations of burlesque, yet take it deeper with interactive exercises to propel a stronger stage presence. Di’Lovely has been teaching various genres of dance for over 20 years, and is the only San Diego soloist to compete multiple times at the Burlesque Hall of Fame. She is excited to share her experience and expert-tease, to cultivate more rising stars in our community.
Sign up for all 8 weeks, from Jan 13 – March 2 for $120 (+ tax) which is $15 per class here:
Or $20 (+ tax) drop-in, sign up here:
**The two class series deal is NOT $10 per class for this specific class. If you want to use this deal and include LEVEL 2 BURLESQUE please email email@example.com.**
1) Intro to basic dance technique and making it work in heels! In this first session, it is important to focus on body awareness, alignment, and grace. Across the floor combinations will be taught, featuring burlesque bump & grind and jazz dance foundations.
2) Gloves & stocking peels and reveals. Group exercise activities to engage creative thinking and innovative ways to use these burlesque costume staples.
3) Dancing with props; feather hand fan. Focus on using strength & flexibility of arms and wrists, using the small prop to hide and tease as you strip. A short dance combination will be taught.
4) Dancing with props; feather boa. Focus on feather boa maintenance, manipulation, and tricks. Practice boas can be provided, for use in a short dance combination.
5) Stage presence; Eye contact & engagement. Now that the group has been comfortable dancing with each other in the room, it’s time to make a connection with one another, to practice projecting their emotional intentions to a large audience.
6) Floor work: Focus on flexibility and core strength to properly execute fluid movement on the floor. Across the floor exercises and a short dance combination will be taught.
7) Classic Burlesque choreography using various elements learned in previous classes. Prop and sample costume pieces TBA.
8) Neo Burlesque choreography using various elements learned in previous classes. Prop and sample costume pieces TBA.
*There must be 10 people per class signed up for these classes to run.
*There are no refunds unless the class is canceled by Unity Hoops.