Virtual Beginning Belly Dance
Mondays, 6 – 7pm PST
Starts June 15, ongoing until November 9
*This class has been moved to every other week as I start to phase out teaching, getting ready for my maternity leave. The remaining classes are: Sept 28, Oct 11, Oct 26 and then Nov 9.*
How to sign up:
1. Venmo $5-15 sliding scale per class you want to take to @valentina-martin. BY 4PM DAY OF THE CLASS AT THE LATEST. In the note, write which class you’re signing up for.
2. What does sliding scale mean? Pay what you can 🙂 At least $5. I know people are out of work so I made the classes super affordable, but some people are still working and want to pay the normal rate. The normal rate is $12 for a class pack or $15 to drop in. I’m really ok with anything!
3. Email email@example.com and I will send you the zoom link.
4. You can sign up for multiple classes, just multiply the amount you’re paying per class by the amount of classes you want to take.
Anyone can join! You do not need to be a San Diego resident to play. That is one of the cool things to come out of this very challenging time.
Let’s dance! We’ll start with a full body warm up, stretches and some short strength exercises to target the specific muscles used most in belly dancing. Then we’ll go over a different focus of movements each week using our hips, upper body, arms and hands. At the end of each we’ll put those specific movements together into a fun short combo set to music. This class should awaken every part of your body making you feel engaged, aware, opened and empowered!
You will need:
1. We might do some stretches and strength exercises on the floor so if you prefer using a yoga mat, have one ready.
2. I like to belly dance barefoot.
Some concepts covered in this class will include:
– Squares (hips and chest)
– Circles (hips and chest)
– Shimmies (hips and shoulders)
– Figure 8’s (vertical and horizontal)
– Hits (hips and shoulders)
– Hip lifts and drops
– Arm and hand movement and placement
– Shoulder isolations