Virtual Mixed Level Burlesque
Tuesdays, 6 – 7pm PST
Starts June 23, ongoing until November 10
*This class has been moved to every other week as I start to phase out teaching, getting ready for my maternity leave. The remaining classes are: Sept 29, Oct 13, Oct 27 and then Nov 10.*
How to sign up:
1. Venmo $5-15 sliding scale per class you want to take to @valentina-martin. BY 4PM DAY OF THE CLASS AT THE LATEST. In the note, write which class you’re signing up for.
2. What does sliding scale mean? Pay what you can 🙂 At least $5. I know people are out of work so I made the classes super affordable, but some people are still working and want to pay the normal rate. The normal rate is $12 for a class pack or $15 to drop in. I’m really ok with anything!
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the zoom link.
4. You can sign up for multiple classes, just multiply the amount you’re paying per class by the amount of classes you want to take.
Anyone can join! You do not need to be a San Diego resident to play. That is one of the cool things to come out of this very challenging time.
The Sassy Vintage Showgirl! We will be tapping into our sexy selves in a safe space full of encouragement and fun. Explore yourself, learn about yourself, love yourself and accept yourself for all that you are, right now. We’ll bump ‘n grind, sass it out, pose and play. We’ll go over accessable jazz based movements and some of the classes will involve simple clothing removals – you’ll use what you already have at home! This class is inspired by vintage music and aesthetic.
You will need:
1. We might do some stretches and strength exercises on the floor so if you prefer using a yoga mat, have one ready.
2. You can do this class barefoot or in a pair of character shoes.
4. We might play with some props like gloves, simple removals of clothing that you already have around the house. I will let you know in advanced if we plan to do that.
– MOVE and GROOVE your body.
– Dance with FREEDOM and abandon.
– SWEAT it out!
– Leave the stress of daily life behind as you FOCUS ON THE MOMENT in class, moment by moment.
– DELIGHT in the wonders of your body!
CELEBRATE that there is so much more to life than ‘adulting.’ There is ART, EXPRESSION, PASSION, CREATIVITY, CONNECTION and JOY.
– EXPLORE yourself, LEARN about yourself, LOVE yourself and ACCEPT yourself exactly as you are.